波士頓台美基金會Taiwanese-American Foundation of Boston
The Taiwanese-American Foundation of Boston is a non-profit organization, established by Taiwanese-Americans residing in or related to the New England area of the United States.
The purposes of the Foundation are
(1) to advance the social, socio-economic, cultural, humanitarian, literary, environmental, educational, scientific, public-policy, and foreign-relations interests of Taiwan and thereby improve the quality of life for people of Taiwan and Taiwanese-Americans; and
(2) to preserve and promote Taiwanese culture and traditions in a diverse American society.
The Foundation will accomplish the stated purposes in any one or more of the following ways:
- To provide funds to or for the benefit of organizations established and operating within the United States for religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes relating to the promotion or advancement of the interests of Taiwan and Taiwanese-Americans.
- To provide funds to or for the benefit of organizations established and operating within Taiwan for religious, charitable, cultural, scientific, literary or educational purposes.
- To award scholarship and fellowship grants to individuals who are
(1) current college juniors or graduate students intending to pursue, or currently pursuing, a theses or projects on a subject matter related to Taiwan,
(2) doctoral, post-doctoral or post-residency candidates intending to engage, or currently engaged, in the study or research of issues related to Taiwan at any educational organization, or
(3) research fellows, scholars, educators, sociologists, historians, public-policy makers and scientists, intending to engage, or currently engaged, in any field of research related to Taiwan at any not-for-profit organization in the United States.