TAGSL is a non-profit organization, not affiliated with any political, social or religious organizations.
(1) To act and operate exclusively as a nonprofit association pursuant to the laws of the State of Utah, and to act and operate as a charitable organization in lessening the burdens of government, providing relief of the poor and distressed or under-privileged, and promoting social welfare by reducing unemployment through economic development.
(2) To preserve Taiwanese American heritage, to advance the interest in and the understanding of Taiwanese culture and society, and to contribute to the cultural diversity in America, cultivating fellowship and harmony between and among the citizenry of the community.
(3) To thus further maintain its purpose and thereby attain its objective, TAGSL shall at all times predicate its policies upon established principles that enrich human personality and group association through educational, cultural, and other related activities and through policies that conduct forums, panels, lectures or other similar programs for the entire community in general and for all segments of Taiwanese and Taiwanese American community in particular.
(4) To firmly establish TAGSL as an American institution adhered to the promotion of Taiwanese identity and welfare and appreciation of the Taiwanese heritage, TAGSL shall as its further purpose and objective be perpetually committed to the acceptance of the individual’s communal obligation, the advocacy of responsible citizenship and the protection, maintenance and retention of the American democratic way of life, its creed and its philosophy; and be committed to the defense of human and civil rights secured by law; and to the elimination of prejudice and discrimination.
The activities of TAGSL are:
(1) Lunar New Year Celebration, Dragon Boat Festival Picnic, Mid-Autumn Celebration, General Member Meeting to welcome newcomers.
(2) Seminar and/or forum on politics, economics, social and culture related to Taiwan.
(3) Seminar and/or forum on those topics to enrich our daily life.
(4) Participate in the charity activities in Salt Lake Metropolitan.
The current organization of TAGSL, 2016:
President: JJ Chen 陳瑞榮
Vice-president: Ming Chei Tu 杜明杰
Treasurer: Sabrina Chappuis 古嘉珮
Secretary: Denise Hsieh 謝珮如
Program Directors: George Chang 張明正; Jack Chen 陳皆成; Ming Hui Lin 林明輝; Annie Weed 古嘉珞; Huei Lin Yeh 葉蕙苓
Historian: Steve Lee 李勝和
Senior Advisors: Sen Maw Fang 方森茂; Ming Chen 陳明宗; Po Cheng Chang 張伯誠; Shen-Nan Lin 林勝南