Taiwanese Youth Arts Foundation / Washington DC
台灣人青少年才藝基金會 (Taiwanese Youth Arts Foundation, Inc.) 係由華府地區洪耀東、陳敏庭和蔡和吟三位同鄉精心設計，於1982年依法向美國政府註冊而成立的非營利基金會。設立基金會的目的是給本地區台灣青年提供學習台灣語文的機會，來認識及促進台灣文化。1983年，本地區一群熱心同鄉如李界木夫婦、林光源夫婦、莊六雄夫婦等三十幾家創立「華府台語學校」(今改為“華府台灣學校”)。是年底和基金會合併，定期舉辦活動，讓青少年有機會來學習和運用台灣母語，及認識台灣的風光、民情和歷史、文物。
The Taiwanese Youth Arts Foundation, Inc. (TYAF), established in 1982, is an IRS recognized non-profit organization.
The TYAF is the major funding resource for the Washington DC Taiwanese School (WDCTS). WDCTS is a heritage school and offers Mandarin and Taiwanese classes for students from pre-school to 12 grades. WDCTS also offers Japanese classes for adults and several extra-curricular activities such as Chess, Erhu, Violin, Art, Chinese Yoyo, Tennis, Aerobic Dance, and Tai-Chi.
- Provide environment and opportunities for the young generations to learn Taiwanese languages and culture
- Promote the understanding of Asian history and appreciation of different backgrounds
- Engage in cultural, educational, social, and charitable activities and community services
- Sponsor the Outstanding Taiwanese American Youth Awards, in the Great Washington D.C. and Baltimore Metropolitan Area, to the youths (9th to 12th grade) who have outstanding achievements in Arts and Literature, Performing Arts, Athletics, Leadership, Academic, and Participation in Taiwanese Community Activities.
- Sponsor the Summer Taiwanese Teachers Workshop.
- Celebrate annual events, including the Lunar New Year, Taiwanese American Heritage Week, Mother’s Day, Harvest Moon Festival, and Winter Solstice.
- Sponsor and support many cultural activities such as Taiwanese puppet show, and Review of the History of Taiwanese Movies.
- Participate in charitable activities and community services, such as raising funds for disaster relief (e.g., 2005 Louisiana Katrina Flood).